Chris Vaughn is a Tennessee native and joined our FaverGray Team as an Assistant Superintendent in 2022. He is currently working on the Villas at Suncrest project.
The Villas at Suncrest project sits on a 6.75-acre site and will include five 3-story apartment buildings. Located at the intersection of Front Beach Road and Laurie Avenue in Panama City Beach, the 108-unit community will be available to residents in early 2024.
1. Tell us about some of your previous work experience.
- Served 8 years in the United States Air Force
- 12 years building restaurants, duplexes, and custom homes
- 10 years as an HVAC electrical plumbing contractor
2. What is your educational background/certifications?
Gwinnett Technical College – HVAC Electrical Plumbing
3. What does a typical day look like for you?
My typical day begins with a morning meeting with our superintendent, then we spend the day meeting with subcontractors and walking units.
4. What advice would you give to someone interested in a career in construction?
I would suggest that someone enroll in a tech school to learn framing for a couple of years and then learn Meps.
5. Are there any trends in the multifamily or student housing industry that are of particular interest to you?
I’m very interested in Podium projects.
6. How do you define success?
Driving by a building that I built 20 years ago.
7. Who inspires you?
8. What do you do for fun?
I enjoy fishing and playing baseball.
9. What is your personal mantra?
“Fortis Foutuna Adiuvat”