Matt Blochl is an Assistant Project Manager with FaverGray and has been with the company for four years.
Matt is currently an Assistant Project Manager on our Park Place project in Tampa, Florida for University of South Florida students. The Park Place Tampa community will features amenities like a resort-style pool and spa, a fitness center with hot yoga, and more to stand out in the market. At 758 beds, the community will deliver the best experience possible for USF student residents.
- Describe your role at FaverGray.I work closely with the Project Manager through all aspects of the project. From the preconstruction process of estimating and bidding the project, to buyout and writing subcontracts, and then assisting in the management of the tasks that keep the project moving forward such as RFI’s, submittals, change orders, weekly/monthly reports, coordination of information between field and office staff, schedule and budget.
- In a few words, describe what you/your team does for FaverGray.Our team provides off-campus student housing. We pride ourselves on delivering quality projects on schedule.
- What word do you think best describes our company culture?
Can I use more than one? Engaging, fun, driven, family.
- What do you do for fun/hobbies?
I like to surf, travel and explore places I’ve never been and hang out with friends and family.
- Tell us something that might surprise us about you.I’m a pretty good cook.
- Where is the best place you have traveled to?I went to Germany when I was 12 and would love a chance to go back.
- If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be?Muhammed Ali
- What is your proudest moment at FaverGray?Completing the College Park project on time for my field assignment.
- What is your motto or personal mantra?Be positive and stay focused on your goals.
- What advice would you give to someone interested in a career in construction?Be able to adapt to overcome different obstacles as you come across them.