Brock Stallings is an Assistant Project Manager with FaverGray and is celebrating his three-year anniversary with the company this year.
Brock is currently an Assistant Project Manager on our Panama Flats project, a multi-family community featuring 320 luxury apartments and amenities designed to deliver resort-style living to Panama City Beach, Florida.
1. Please tell us a little about yourself and how you became interested in construction.
My dad is a biomedical engineer. I grew up tinkering in his machine shop and building many improvements in our house and back yard.
2. How long have you worked at FaverGray and what does your job entail?
Close to 3 years. Being an APM really encompasses all aspects of a project, beginning with estimating all the way to closeout and final turnover. I manage the drawings, the submittal, and the RFI process, along with owner and sub-change orders. I also write subcontracts and assist with the management of the schedule and budget.
3. What advice would you give to someone interested in a career in construction?
Don’t be afraid to make mistakes and don’t be ashamed to admit what you don’t know.
4. What do you do for fun/hobbies?
Golf, surf, photography, concerts, read, travel.
5. Tell us something that might surprise us about you.
I started a video production company when I was 14.
6. Where is the best place you have traveled to?
This past year it was definitely Lake Powell in Page, AZ.
7. If you could meet anyone living or deceased, who would it be?
8. What is your proudest moment at FaverGray?
On-time completion of the Ariza Forest View project.
The Ariza Forest View project, also referred to as Forest View Village, is a 283-unit luxury apartment community located on approximately 13.1 acres in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida.
FaverGray was recently awarded a Pyramid Award from the Associated Builders and Contractors Association for the Ariza Forest View project. The Excellence in Construction Awards celebration honors the nation’s most innovative and high-quality construction projects and safety programs. Brock attended the gala and accepted the award on behalf of FaverGray.
9. What is your motto or personal mantra?
A wrong decision is better than indecision.