A.Y. Harrison has been a Senior Project Manager with FaverGray for more than 6 years. He recently completed the Union on Fletcher project, our 217-unit, 640-bedroom luxury student housing community across the street from the University of South Florida in Tampa.
A.Y. is currently the Senior Project Manager for Indigo at Champions Ridge, our 300-unit multi-family development in Davenport, Florida.
1. Tell us a little about yourself and how you become interested in construction.
I started in construction after graduating from college during a recession and having a hard time finding a job in the field I studied, which was not construction. I had always piddled in construction and began working as a plumber’s helper.
2. How long have you worked at FaverGray and what does your job entail?
I started at FaverGray in June of 2015 as a Senior Project Manager and continue in that role today.
3. Tell us about your favorite project with FaverGray.
My first project was the Springs at Liberty Township apartments in Liberty Township, Ohio. It was the first project that FaverGray did with the client and we went on to do three other projects with the client.
4. What advice would you give to someone interested in a career in construction?
Make sure you have thick skin.
5. What is the best career lesson that you have learned so far?
Never think that you have seen or experienced everything in construction. After more than 38 years in this business, I have learned that you never know everything about construction. Each project presents new things, issues, or challenges that you have never dealt with that you have to navigate through in order to be successful.
6. What do you enjoy doing in your free time?
Fishing and riding my bike in different parts of the beach.